We are currently looking for an enthusiastic individual to join our Howley Park team in the position of Administrator.
The role is to provide effective administrative support to customer service team and to ensure that the support provided is effective and efficient.
Your duties would include but not limited to the following;
- Ensure that the necessary regional support tasks are conducted in a timely and effective manner
- Despatch/Drivers Reception
- Accurately process delivery tickets
- Liaise with drivers, Sales and Transport
- Dealing with collections, deliveries, returns and discrepancies
- Ensure all visitors and contractors sign in and out
- Daily completion of the Despatch Log
- Posting copy tickets to Sales on a weekly basis.
- Administration support for Office Manager, Production and Maintenance
- Maintaining a robust system for checking and storage of despatch tickets and purchase orders
- Providing support to payroll & wages
- Maintaining training records ensuring confidentiality at all times
- Liaising with suppliers in relation to orders, delivery dates and invoice queries
- Purchase order input onto purchasing system
- Provide excellent telephone manner and effective communications skills
- Maintain absolute confidentiality and discretion as required by the position
- Carrying out company procedures for invoices received, stock returns and other accounting requirements
- Work with other personnel from other departments or offices to resolve any problems that may arise with respect to the administration of the area’s sites
- Any other clerical or administrative tasks as required
- Proven capability for efficiency and accuracy in administration tasks
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Ability to complete all required tasks to a high standard to the deadlines set and agreed
- Thorough approach to the investigation of issues and queries
- Solid understanding of and familiarity with systems and processes
- Demonstration good communication skills with regional management teams and peers
- Proven ability to control costs and resources
- Experience within a Despatch environment would be an advantage
- Minimum 5 GCSEs Inc. Maths & English
- Computer knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Word and Outlook
- Good Numeracy and literacy Skills
We have an extensive network of 17 manufacturing facilities in the UK, employing approximately 1,900 people.
We are a leading manufacturer of a diverse and trusted range of concrete and clay building products used extensively within the construction sector, with instantly recognisable brands such as Thermalite blocks, London Brick, Ecostock, Cradley, Formpave and Jetfloor, Bison Precast. Our product range comprises of clay bricks, Thermalite blocks, aggregate blocks, Red Bank chimney, roofing and flue systems, precast concrete and flooring products and Formpave permeable paving.
Forterra represents exactly what we do and have always done. Our purpose is to manufacture products that are the essential to the nation’s construction sector, helping our customers build with ease and confidence. Moreover, we continue to lead our industry in terms of standards and safety.
What we can offer you;
- Competitive salary
- Company Pension Scheme
- Employee Assistance Programme