We are currently looking for an enthusiastic individual to join our Newbury team in the position of Production Operative.
Manufacture of the Aircrete product range by operation of section plant and equipment ensuring the appropriate Health & Safety, Quality and Environmental standards are met.
Your duties would include but not limited to the following:
- Health and Safety of self and others.
- Optimising production output in a safe and effective manner.
- Operating section plant and equipment with effective communication.
- Maintaining section and site housekeeping standards.
- Participating in continuous improvement with regard to waste, Quality, plant breakdowns, testing and trials.
- Ensure that all the business/operations are performed in accordance with instructions and procedures and in such a way to prevent any fraudulent activities taking place
- To comply will all aspects of the HR Policies and Procedures of the Company
Full Job Description is available on request
- Effective communication skills.
- Good work ethic
- Flexible approach to work
- A good basic understanding of health & Safety is essential.
We have an extensive network of 17 manufacturing facilities in the UK, employing approximately 1,800 people.
We are a leading manufacturer of a diverse and trusted range of concrete and clay building products used extensively within the construction sector, with instantly recognisable brands such as Thermalite blocks, London Brick, Ecostock, Cradley, Formpave and Jetfloor, Bison Precast. Our product range comprises of clay bricks, Thermalite blocks, aggregate blocks, Red Bank chimney, roofing and flue systems, precast concrete and flooring products and Formpave permeable paving.
Forterra represents exactly what we do and have always done. Our purpose is to manufacture products that are the essential to the nation’s construction sector, helping our customers build with ease and confidence. Moreover, we continue to lead our industry in terms of standards and safety.
What we can offer you
- Competitive salary
- Company Pension Scheme
- Employee Assistance Programme
Salary: £30,655.16 plus shift allowance of £5,252.63