We are currently looking for an experienced Electrical Technician to join our Maintenance team at our Newbury Plant. You would be responsible for PPM and breakdown support for a busy production site, which will include upgrading old and installing new machinery, improving site efficiency and renovating site facilities. This is a fantastic opportunity for an engineer who is looking for stability and long-term employment.
Your duties would include but not limited to the following.
This is an operational role undertaking the day to day mechanical and electrical engineering activities within the plant. You will provide knowledge and technical support in the event of equipment and plant failure, ensuring plant equipment breakdowns are repaired in an efficient, and effective way and take a lead on planned maintenance.
To working within the engineering team at the Newbury plant ensuring the efficient operation of all Maintenance functions. This will be in line with the Total Productive Maintenance Strategy at Forterra and following the preventative maintenance strategy.
To build and maintain effective relationships in all necessary departments to allow for a positive working relationship to provide some quick reactive solutions to ensure the plant continues to operate until planned shutdown schedules.
As an Electrical Engineer you should have the following;
- Previous experience in a similar field, ideally from a manufacturing environment
- Recognised electrical qualification (apprentice trained, Level 3 or above,
- Attend to machine breakdowns and solve/ diagnose any electrical or mechanical failures
- Provide Engineering cover to suit the demands of the business
- A methodical mindset, with the ability to problem solve and adapt with short notice
- Provide accurate information and regular progress updates as required by management
We have an extensive network of 17 manufacturing facilities in the UK, employing approximately 1,800 people.
We are a leading manufacturer of a diverse and trusted range of concrete and clay building products used extensively within the construction sector, with instantly recognisable brands such as Thermalite blocks, London Brick, Ecostock, Cradley, Formpave and Jetfloor, Bison Precast. Our product range comprises of clay bricks, Thermalite blocks, aggregate blocks, Red Bank chimney, roofing and flue systems, precast concrete and flooring products and Formpave permeable paving.
Forterra represents exactly what we do and have always done. Our purpose is to manufacture products that are the essential to the nation’s construction sector, helping our customers build with ease and confidence. Moreover, we continue to lead our industry in terms of standards and safety.
What we can offer you;
- Competitive salary and a generous holiday allowance
- Company Pension Scheme with up to 10% matched pension contriutions.
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Ongoing training.
- Regular paid overtime
- Free uniform and PPE
Salary: £37,747.37 plus shift allowance of £5,252.63