We are currently looking for an enthusiastic individual to join our Kings Dyke team in the position of Kiln Manager
The position provides management control of kiln operations at Forterra Building Products Limited Kings Dyke. The job holder is responsible for meeting budget requirements, reporting, efficient and timely production, management of the employees including health and safety, maintenance, environmental controls and stewardship of the assets under control of the kilns at Kings Dyke Works. The position reports directly to the Plant Manager
Your duties would include but not limited to the following;
- Kiln Management – to closely monitor the performance of the kilns from an environmental and production standpoint. Measuring gas use and quality per thousand bricks, it is the responsibility of the Kiln Manager to maximise the efficiency of each chamber by monitoring the structural integrity of the kilns and setting forth a repair programme to maintain optimum performance levels
- Information – Prepare accurate, timely and cost-effective management reports and highlight variances so that effective action to improve operating performance can be made
- Sustainability – As part of the sustainability strategy of the business, the kiln manager will be responsible for assisting in trials of alternative fuels and will be the sustainability champion for Kings Dyke Works.
- Systems – to operate within OHSAS18001, ISO90001, ISO14001 and ESOS50001
- Relevant Operational experience
- H&S Qualification to IOSH as a minimum
- SHE NVQ Level 3 minimum, however 4 is desirable
The role holder is expected to:
- to comply with all aspects of the Forterra Compliance Policy
- to ensure that all the business/operations are performed in accordance with instructions and procedures and in such a way so as to prevent any fraudulent activities taking place
- to comply with the Health & Safety at Work Act 1974 and to observe the requirements of the Company Safety Policy and other relevant legislation
- to update all areas of knowledge as required to carry out the job with maximum effectiveness and to attend training/development courses as and when required
- to comply will all aspects of the HR Policies and Procedures of the Company
We have an extensive network of 17 manufacturing facilities in the UK, employing approximately 1,800 people.
We are a leading manufacturer of a diverse and trusted range of concrete and clay building products used extensively within the construction sector, with instantly recognisable brands such as Thermalite blocks, London Brick, Ecostock, Cradley, Formpave and Jetfloor, Bison Precast. Our product range comprises of clay bricks, Thermalite blocks, aggregate blocks, Red Bank chimney, roofing and flue systems, precast concrete and flooring products and Formpave permeable paving.
Forterra represents exactly what we do and have always done. Our purpose is to manufacture products that are the essential to the nation’s construction sector, helping our customers build with ease and confidence. Moreover, we continue to lead our industry in terms of standards and safety.
What we can offer you;
- Competitive salary
- Company Pension Scheme
- Employee Assistance Programme