We are currently looking for enthusiastic individuals to join our Apprenticeship Scheme in our engineering team, we have roles available at 7 of our sites.
The role requires you to train/learn the ability to rectify all plant malfunctions / breakdowns safe and effectively to enable the continuity and productivity of the plant via completion of a college course and on the job training.
Your duties would include but not limited to the following;
ALL DUTIES LISTED MUST BE CARRIED OUT SAFELY AND EFFECTIVELY, WORK AND ADHERE TO FORTERRA HEALTH & SAFETY ZERO HARM POLICY
No task to be undertaken unless under strict supervision or once competent having been given authorisation.
- To isolate when and where necessary plant/machinery by means of the lock off system before commencement of duties.
- Once work is completed then to ensure all safety guards are put back, all safety features work and all debris removed before commencement / operation of the plant/machinery.
- Return all tools used to their correct place and all debris to the correct skip.
- To work in conjunction with Maintenance staff and assist as and when necessary.
- To carry out work in the quarry as and when instructed by management.
- To keep plant maintenance up to date.
- To use all hand/power tools and ladders safely and correctly using the required P.P.E and to take out of action immediately damaged /faulty items.
- To strengthen the maintenance team and provide long term succession planning.
- Ability to prioritise and work to tight deadlines
- Effective communication skills, both verbal and written
- Confident & outgoing personality
Education / Qualification;
The job requires GCSE, or equivalent, Maths B, or above, English and Science plus two other subjects at C or above.
- Company online Induction
- Competency Check
- COSHH training
- Isolation Lock off training
- Silica Awareness training
- Working at Height training
- Spill kit Training
- Manual Handling Training
- Risk Assessment training
- PPE awareness and training (including face fit testing)
We have an extensive network of 17 manufacturing facilities in the UK, employing approximately 1,800 people.
We are a leading manufacturer of a diverse and trusted range of concrete and clay building products used extensively within the construction sector, with instantly recognisable brands such as Thermalite blocks, London Brick, Ecostock, Cradley, Formpave and Jetfloor, Bison Precast. Our product range comprises of clay bricks, Thermalite blocks, aggregate blocks, Red Bank chimney, roofing and flue systems, precast concrete and flooring products and Formpave permeable paving.
Forterra represents exactly what we do and have always done. Our purpose is to manufacture products that are the essential to the nation’s construction sector, helping our customers build with ease and confidence. Moreover, we continue to lead our industry in terms of standards and safety.
What we can offer you;
- Competitive salary
- Company Pension Scheme
- Employee Assistance Programme