We are currently looking for an enthusiastic individual to join our Somercotes team in the position of Laboratory Technician & Quality Administrator.
The primary objective of the role is to operate the laboratory at Somercotes such that routine product testing and material tests can be achieved within the required timescales and to assist in showing compliance to relevant product/material standards.This will require the use of lab equipment (such as cube crushers) and the logging of data (using MS Excel).
There will also be an occasional need to assist with trials including process and product development projects. Where appropriate, samples will need to be collected from the manufacturing plant or arranged to be brought in by suppliers or customers.
Your duties would include but not limited to the following;
- Finished product testing and inspection as required in support of Quality checkers.
- Carry out laboratory routine tests, data collection and calculation of results within appropriate timescales.
- Undertake a range of test work to assess product compliance against defined standards/specifications to maintain and improve product performance.
- Assist in product/material trials as required.
- Collate test results for presentation to management to ensure effective communication and dissemination of product information.
- Ensure Standard Operating Procedures and Safe Systems of Work are followed and maintain a safe and clean working environment.
- Ensure laboratory equipment is maintained and calibrated, reporting any defects as appropriate.
- Carry out raw material sampling and testing, collect and log data.
- Collection of test samples.
- Must have the ability to work under their own initiative, with good numerical skills, be computer literate and have a methodical approach to data collection.
- A practical ability is required to undertake specimen preparation and to perform a wide range of test methods.
- Oversight and adherence to project Inspection and Test Plans (ITP), with responsibility for logging of completed documentation.
- Creation of project QA packages that contain ITP relevant documentation, such as process sheets, raw material certification, test results, company accreditation certificates.
- Ability to prioritise and work to tight deadlines
- Effective communication skills, both verbal and written
- Confident & outgoing personality
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Word, Outlook and MS teams
We have an extensive network of 17 manufacturing facilities in the UK, employing approximately 1,800 people.
We are a leading manufacturer of a diverse and trusted range of concrete and clay building products used extensively within the construction sector, with instantly recognisable brands such as Thermalite blocks, London Brick, Ecostock, Cradley, Formpave and Jetfloor, Bison Precast. Our product range comprises of clay bricks, Thermalite blocks, aggregate blocks, Red Bank chimney, roofing and flue systems, precast concrete and flooring products and Formpave permeable paving.
Forterra represents exactly what we do and have always done. Our purpose is to manufacture products that are the essential to the nation’s construction sector, helping our customers build with ease and confidence. Moreover, we continue to lead our industry in terms of standards and safety.
What we can offer you;
- Competitive salary and 27 days annual leave
- Company Pension Scheme
- Employee Assistance Programme
If this sounds like something you wish to apply for please send your application and current CV to:
Closing date for applications: 11th July 2022