We are currently looking for an enthusiastic individual to join our distribution team in the position of Mobile LGV Mechanic.
The role will involve the maintenance, inspection, and repair of Forterra vehicles and/or plant and equipment to prescribed standards in accordance with the Department for Transport (DfT), manufacturer and the Forterra Operator licence.
Your duties would include but not limited to the following;
- To maintain, inspect, and repair Forterra vehicles and/or plant and equipment.
- Carry out some safety inspections to HGV vehicles and ensure external service agent maintain the vehicle service reequipments to the standard DfT standards.
- Carry out fault diagnosis on complex hydraulic, pneumatic and electrical systems.
- To carry out welding, fabrication and body repairs as required.
- To attend broken down or accident damaged vehicles and effect permanent or running repairs as required.
- To prepare and decommission vehicles. Fitting and removing a diverse range of ancillary equipment, accessories and livery.
- To complete associated paperwork to ensure that all statistics and legal information are produced, update dedicated workshop computer system as necessary.
- To ensure that all relevant legislation and Health and Safety procedures are adhered to.
- To maintain work areas in a safe and clean condition.
- To attend training courses linked to performance reviews and service needs.
- To carry out any other duties as instructed by the supervisory staff, which are commensurate to the grade of this post.
- Good standard of general education
- Good standard of verbal & written communication.
- A recognised LGV / HGV Technician apprenticeship and a City & Guilds (NVQ) HGV parts 1, 2 & 3 qualification (or equivalent)
- Knowledge of lorry loader equipment (Atlas / Hiab) advantageous
- Previous experience in an LGV / HGV maintenance role
- Computer literate, with an understanding of Microsoft Programmes and ability to use generic / bespoke applications
- Hold a current LGV C+E (HGV class 1) licence
- Good communication skills
- Ability to work with minimum supervision
- Good standard of physical fitness
- Ability to work within set time frames
- Basic understanding of Health, Safety & Risk Assessment
We have an extensive network of 17 manufacturing facilities in the UK, employing approximately 1,800 people.
We are a leading manufacturer of a diverse and trusted range of concrete and clay building products used extensively within the construction sector, with instantly recognisable brands such as Thermalite blocks, London Brick, Ecostock, Cradley, Formpave and Jetfloor, Bison Precast. Our product range comprises of clay bricks, Thermalite blocks, aggregate blocks, Red Bank chimney, roofing and flue systems, precast concrete and flooring products and Formpave permeable paving.
Forterra represents exactly what we do and have always done. Our purpose is to manufacture products that are the essential to the nation’s construction sector, helping our customers build with ease and confidence. Moreover, we continue to lead our industry in terms of standards and safety.
What we can offer you;
- Competitive salary
- Company Pension Scheme
- Employee Assistance Programme