We are currently looking for an enthusiastic individual to join our Hams Hall team in the position of Maintenance Planner.
The role entails the control of the management of all site assets. To manage the efficient running of the Preventative Maintenance System to ensure the department delivers all planned maintenance and planned work whilst meeting all legal and Company requirements for employee health & safety and quality standards.
Your duties would include but not limited to the following;
- Develop, maintain and control the preventative maintenance plans.Ensuring the plans run to schedule by prioritising and issuing work orders incorporating labour and materials planning.Liaise with production and engineering and chair weekly planning meetings.
- Develop, maintain and control the CMMS (Computerised Maintenance Management System) on site, including maintaining the asset register and checking data integrity and accuracy.
- Manage and optimise the effectiveness of the work order process.
- Maintenance strategy – Ensuring that the strategic elements of maintenance planning are integrated into the planning operation.
- Ensure service contracts are carried out according to description with zero impact on the site, whilst ensuring records are kept and their effectiveness reviewed.
- Maintenance spares availability - Set up and effective operation of maintenance stores, ordering and maintaining spare part stocks and expediting shortages or emergency needs.
- Analysis and reporting of CMMS system including all Engineering KPI’s and life cycle costs of assets.
- Sustainability - Ensure that the HS&E elements of the maintenance operation are followed.
- Assist in the management of contractors ensuring contractors comply with company health and safety policies, insurance indemnity forms. Method statements and risk assessments are completed prior to commencement of work
- Responsible for daily/weekly/monthly planned maintenance activities
- Responsible for planning maintenance shutdown periods
- Responsible for ordering spares for planned activities and working with the Engineering team to ensure critical spares are always available.
- Support production of 355,000 m3 blocks annually
- Excellent communication skills
- Specific functional knowledge and experience
The role holder is expected:
- to comply with all aspects of the Forterra Compliance Policy
- to ensure that all the business/operations are performed in accordance with instructions and procedures and in such a way so as to prevent any fraudulent activities taking place
- to comply with the Health & Safety at Work Act 1974 and to observe the requirements of the Company Safety Policy and other relevant legislation
- to update all areas of knowledge as required to carry out the job with maximum effectiveness and to attend training/development courses as and when required
- to comply will all aspects of the HR Policies and Procedures of the Company
- Be prepared to cover shifts when required
Education / Qualification;
- ONC/HNC/HND/Degree in appropriate engineering subject
- Experience in CMMS systems required
We have an extensive network of 17 manufacturing facilities in the UK, employing approximately 1,800 people.
We are a leading manufacturer of a diverse and trusted range of concrete and clay building products used extensively within the construction sector, with instantly recognisable brands such as Thermalite blocks, London Brick, Ecostock, Cradley, Formpave and Jetfloor, Bison Precast. Our product range comprises of clay bricks, Thermalite blocks, aggregate blocks, Red Bank chimney, roofing and flue systems, precast concrete and flooring products and Formpave permeable paving.
Forterra represents exactly what we do and have always done. Our purpose is to manufacture products that are the essential to the nation’s construction sector, helping our customers build with ease and confidence. Moreover, we continue to lead our industry in terms of standards and safety.
What we can offer you;
- Competitive salary
- Company Pension Scheme
- Employee Assistance Programme