Role to cover London, Middlesex, Surrey, Kent and Sussex. Applicants will ideally live within these areas.
We are currently looking for an enthusiastic individual to join our Sales team in the position of Area Sales Manager.
The purpose of the role is to optimise sales, profit and cash by promoting the Company’s products and services to the assigned account portfolio and across the extent of the responsible geographic area.
Your duties would include but not limited to the following;
- To achieve budget volume/price and identified sales targets
- To meet and build strong relationships with the assigned account portfolio
- To maintain contact and promote the Company’s products and services to existing Key Accounts
- To establish contact and promote the Company’s products and services to new and potential Key Accounts
- To develop business by increasing sales to the existing customer base but also growing the trading account base by winning new customers
- To maintain a close liaison with the Contact Centre staff to manage the assigned account portfolio effectively, and ensure that your internal co-ordinator is aware of all alterations on quotations raised in the area
- To keep abreast of developments in commercial, technical and policy matters and be able to react accordingly
- To establish and maintain good customer relations, particularly by prompt and efficient response to queries and complaints
- To plan journeys and customer calls to achieve optimum use of time and complete a minimum of 5 calls per day
- To maintain and operate internal recording, reporting and administration systems
- To assist at exhibitions, conferences, presentations and other functions as required
- To regularly review personal progress and keep abreast of technical and sales techniques
- To monitor the efficiency of present procedures and systems and where necessary suggest new improvements
- To follow safe working practice in accordance with the requirements of the Health & Safety at Work Act and with the Company’s Safety Policy
- From time to time to undertake duties not specifically mentioned above according to instructions from other National Sales Managers
- Working with trading accounts across the declared geography.
- Excellent communication and customer relationship skills
- Negotiation skills
- Good knowledge of IT skills
- Highly motivated with strong team ethics
- Ability to work on own initiative with minimum supervision
- Strong presentation skills, especially with CPDs
- Good organisational and planning skills
- Ability to prioritise workload
- Understanding of Building Industry practices
- Sales experience within the building industry
We have an extensive network of 17 manufacturing facilities in the UK, employing approximately 1,800 people.
We are a leading manufacturer of a diverse and trusted range of concrete and clay building products used extensively within the construction sector, with instantly recognisable brands such as Thermalite blocks, London Brick, Ecostock, Cradley, Formpave and Jetfloor, Bison Precast. Our product range comprises of clay bricks, Thermalite blocks, aggregate blocks, Red Bank chimney, roofing and flue systems, precast concrete and flooring products and Formpave permeable paving.
Forterra represents exactly what we do and have always done. Our purpose is to manufacture products that are the essential to the nation’s construction sector, helping our customers build with ease and confidence. Moreover, we continue to lead our industry in terms of standards and safety.
What we can offer you;
- Competitive salary and 27 days annual leave
- Monthly performance related bonus scheme
- Company Pension Scheme
- Employee Assistance Programme