We are currently looking for a hardworking and dedicated individuals to join our own transport fleet as fully licensed LGV Drivers.
Are you interested in working for a national company with the latest vehicles? The role of our driver is critical to our first-class Customer Service offering as you will be one of the initial points of contact for our business. So, if this sounds like something you would be interested in, we would love to hear from you?
The role is predominantly Monday to Friday, 45 hours per week, with potential for weekend overtime.
Your duties would include but not limited to the following;
- Comply with LGV Drivers Hours Regulations
- Ensure that none of the Companies Undertakings with regards to Goods Vehicle Operator Licensing are breached
- Comply with all Legislation relating to the Road Traffic Act or other relevant legislation
- Comply with all Health & Safety legislation & Company Health & Safety Policy
- Complete deliveries as instructed
- Communicate any issues relevant parties
- Drive in a fuel efficient, safe, conscious way
- Average of 2 nights out per week
- Any other relevant duties as requested by management
- You will need a current LGV license
- Good geographical knowledge
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to work with minimum supervision
- Good standard of physical fitness
- Ability to work within set time frames
- Basic understanding of Health, Safety & Risk Assessment
We have an extensive network of 17 manufacturing facilities in the UK, employing approximately 1,800 people.
We are a leading manufacturer of a diverse and trusted range of concrete and clay building products used extensively within the construction sector, with instantly recognisable brands such as Thermalite blocks, London Brick, Ecostock, Cradley, Formpave and Jetfloor, Bison Precast. Our product range comprises of clay bricks, Thermalite blocks, aggregate blocks, Red Bank chimney, roofing and flue systems, precast concrete and flooring products and Formpave permeable paving.
Forterra represents exactly what we do and have always done. Our purpose is to manufacture products that are the essential to the nation’s construction sector, helping our customers build with ease and confidence. Moreover, we continue to lead our industry in terms of standards and safety.
What we can offer you;
- Competitive salary and 27 days annual leave
- Monthly performance related bonus scheme
- Company Pension Scheme
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Free Uniform and PPE provided
- In house ongoing training