We are currently looking for an enthusiastic individual to join our Milton team in the position of Production Operative.
The position will provide direction and control within a production environment manufacturing concrete building block for use in both the commercial and domestic (Housing) Markets.
You will be responsible for the safe and efficient operation of all plant and equipment that you will be trained to use whilst being focused and committed to achieve our aims in delivering excellent quality and customer service.
The job role will involve being trained in various production processes contained within the manufacturing system. These will include our Concrete batching plant, Manufacturing & packaging plant associated with block production & operating a range of mobile plant.
Your duties would include but not limited to the following;
- Complete and sign all process control sheets relative to the processes you are engaged in prior to the end of the day. Report all quality concerns immediately to your line manager
- Ensure that you adhere to the quality requirements as specified in the sites quality system for all production processes you are trained in.
- Work with management to develop a good sustainability culture at the works.
Key accountabilities relating to Health & Safety
- Maintain high standards of Health & Safety for not only yourself but others whilst engaged in all work place activities.
- Ensure all Health & safety standards are adhered to as set out within the sites health & safety management systems.
- Report all Health & Safety concerns immediately to your line manager
- Ensure that risk assessments and safe systems of work for each task / process for which you are trained are strictly adhered to. No tasks to be undertaken where a current and suitable risk assessment /SSOW is not in place.
- Ensure that PPE issued is kept and maintained in good condition
- Ensure that all tools & equipment that you use are kept in good condition, returned to their nominated storage place after use & any defects are reported.
- Ensure that all guarding is correctly fitted. Report & action any defective equipment immediately
- Ensure a permit to work is obtained for high-risk tasks e.g. working at height, entering a confined space working
- Good communication skills
- Well organized in terms of maintaining a clean, tidy and safe work environment.
- Should be trained, or prepared to be trained up to operate all manufacturing machinery & plant on site.
- Awareness of health and safety legislation
- The ability to manage a varied work load
- Good problem solving skills
- The initiative to work without supervision or as part of a team
Education / Qualification;
- Literacy and Numeracy to GCSE level
- Previous experience of working as part of a team
- Experience of working in a factory environment would be advantageous
We have an extensive network of 17 manufacturing facilities in the UK, employing approximately 1,800 people.
We are a leading manufacturer of a diverse and trusted range of concrete and clay building products used extensively within the construction sector, with instantly recognisable brands such as Thermalite blocks, London Brick, Ecostock, Cradley, Formpave and Jetfloor, Bison Precast. Our product range comprises of clay bricks, Thermalite blocks, aggregate blocks, Red Bank chimney, roofing and flue systems, precast concrete and flooring products and Formpave permeable paving.
Forterra represents exactly what we do and have always done. Our purpose is to manufacture products that are the essential to the nation’s construction sector, helping our customers build with ease and confidence. Moreover, we continue to lead our industry in terms of standards and safety.
What we can offer you;
- Competitive salary
- Company Pension Scheme
- Employee Assistance Programme