We have an extensive network of 17 manufacturing facilities in the UK, employing approximately 1,800 people.
We are a leading manufacturer of a diverse and trusted range of concrete and clay building products used extensively within the construction sector, with instantly recognisable brands such as Thermalite blocks, London Brick, Ecostock, Cradley, Formpave and Jetfloor, Bison Precast.
Our product range comprises of clay bricks, Thermalite blocks, aggregate blocks, Red Bank chimney, roofing and flue systems, precast concrete and flooring products and Formpave permeable paving.
Forterra represents exactly what we do and have always done. Our purpose is to manufacture products that are the essential to the nation’s construction sector, helping our customers build with ease and confidence. Moreover, we continue to lead our industry in terms of standards and safety.
We are currently looking for an enthusiastic individual to join our team in the position of Fitter Operative at Whittlesey.
The Shift Fitter/ Production Operator will be responsible for the upkeep & maintenance of site machinery
As well as the safe and efficient operation of all plant and equipment that you will be trained to use whilst being focused and committed to achieve our aims in delivering excellent quality and customer service.
The job role will involve being trained in various production processes contained within the manufacturing system. These will include our Aggregate processing plant, Concrete batching plant, Manufacturing & packaging plant associated with block/paver production & operating a range of mobile plant.
Key role of the function:
Implementation & compliance of Health & Safety, Environmental, Quality & Productivity of the factory activities to company policies & procedures.
- We are looking for a flexible self-starter, with good all round mechanical & fitting skills
- Experience in building materials or precast concrete manufacturing/machinery environment would be ideal, but not essential
- The role requires a good experience & knowledge in welding & gas cutting required in fabricating & repair maintenance. Experience in mechanical, hydraulic & pneumatic fields would be idea.
- All Maintenance & other tasks need to be performed in a safe manner. All company Health & Safety procedures are always to be adhered too, to ensure compliance with legalisation & law. (Risk assessments, Safe system of work, Permits, etc.)
- All Maintenance tasks need to be implemented in a competent & professional manor to ensure efficient operation of the site.
- Assist management to ensure all safety, quality, environmental checks/maintenance tasks are completed and recorded in a timely manner to comply with Company Policies/Permits and other relevant legislation.
The role holder is expected:
- to comply with all aspects of the Hanson Compliance Policy
- to ensure that all the business/operations are performed in accordance with instructions and procedures and in such a way so as to prevent any fraudulent activities taking place
- to comply with the Health & Safety at Work Act 1974 and to observe the requirements of the Company Safety Policy and other relevant legislation
- to update all areas of knowledge as required to carry out the job with maximum effectiveness and to attend training/development courses as and when required.
- Mechanical & General experience &/or training
- City and Guilds in welding and fabrication
- City and Guilds in mechanical engineering
- Knowledge of hydraulic systems