We have an extensive network of 18 manufacturing facilities in the UK, employing approximately 1,800 people.
We are a leading manufacturer of a diverse and trusted range of concrete and clay building products used extensively within the construction sector, with instantly recognisable brands such as Thermalite blocks, London Brick, Ecostock, Cradley, Formpave and Jetfloor, Bison Precast.
Our product range comprises of clay bricks, Thermalite blocks, aggregate blocks, Red Bank chimney, roofing and flue systems, precast concrete and flooring products and Formpave permeable paving.
Forterra represents exactly what we do and have always done. Our purpose is to manufacture products that are the essential to the nation’s construction sector, helping our customers build with ease and confidence. Moreover, we continue to lead our industry in terms of standards and safety.
Work has begun on a £95 million project to transform our Desford plant into Europe’s largest and most efficient brick and the first bricks are expected to roll off the new production line in 2022. The plant will produce 180 million bricks per year, which is enough bricks to build 24,000 average family-sized homes.
We are currently looking for an enthusiastic individual to join our team in the position of Maintenance Fitter at the New Desford site.
The Successful candidate will be part of the site maintenance team, active in both electrical and mechanical maintenance activities. As a maintenance operative, you are responsible for rectifying all mechanical malfunctions / breakdowns in a safe manner, to ensure the continuity and productivity of the plant. The role will require 100% commitment to a zero-tolerance safety and continuous improvement culture.
The role holder is expected:
- to comply with all aspects of the Forterra Compliance Policy
- to ensure that all the business/operations are performed in accordance with instructions and procedures and in such a way so as to prevent any fraudulent activities taking place
- to comply with the Health & Safety at Work Act 1974 and to observe the requirements of the Company Safety Policy and other relevant legislation
- to update all areas of knowledge as required to carry out the job with maximum effectiveness and to attend training/development courses as and when required
- to comply will all aspects of the HR Policies and Procedures of the Company
The job requires formal education or qualification, the role does require proof of a level of attainment in a mechanical maintenance field.
- Company online Induction
- Timed served apprenticeship
- Welding, burning and cutting
- Silica Awareness
- Working at Height
- Risk assessments and one minute risk assessment
- Confined space training
- Spill Training
- Forklift training
- Various other mobile plant (MEWP / Scissor Lift)
- Lifting / slinging & overhead crane training
- HAV training
- Manual Handling
Please send your application to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date for applications: 10th February 2022