We have an extensive network of 18 manufacturing facilities in the UK, employing approximately 1,800 people.
We are a leading manufacturer of a diverse and trusted range of concrete and clay building products used extensively within the construction sector, with instantly recognisable brands such as Thermalite blocks, London Brick, Ecostock, Cradley, Formpave and Jetfloor, Bison Precast.
Our product range comprises of clay bricks, Thermalite blocks, aggregate blocks, Red Bank chimney, roofing and flue systems, precast concrete and flooring products and Formpave permeable paving.
Forterra represents exactly what we do and have always done. Our purpose is to manufacture products that are the essential to the nation’s construction sector, helping our customers build with ease and confidence. Moreover, we continue to lead our industry in terms of standards and safety.
We are currently looking for enthusiastic individuals to join our team in Newbury in the position of Production Operative.
Including but not limited to:
- Manufacture of the Aircrete product range by operation of section plant and equipment ensuring the appropriate Health & Safety, Quality and Environmental standards are met.
- To work closely with the shift colleagues, shift leaders, Safety Coordinator and production manager to ensure the sites targets and objectives are achieved
The successful candidate will require:
- Health and Safety of self and others.
- Optimising production output in a safe and effective manner.
- Operating section plant and equipment with effective communication.
- Maintaining section and site housekeeping standards.
- Participating in continuous improvement with regard to waste, Quality, plant breakdowns, testing and trials.
- GCSE qualifications to grade C and above, or equivalent.