We are a leading manufacturer of a diverse and trusted range of concrete and clay building products used extensively within the construction sector, with instantly recognizable brands such as Thermalite blocks, London Brick, Ecostock, Cradley, Formpave and Jetfloor, Bison Precast.
Our product range comprises of clay bricks, Thermalite blocks, aggregate blocks, Red Bank chimney, roofing and flue systems, precast concrete and flooring products and Formpave permeable paving.
Forterra represents exactly what we do and have always done. Our purpose is to manufacture products that are the essential to the nation’s construction sector, helping our customers build with ease and confidence. Moreover, we continue to lead our industry in terms of standards and safety.
We are currently looking for an enthusiastic individual to join our team in the position of Transport Coordinator at Wilnecote.
To assist the Transport Managers to ensure that the company complies with all its Statutory and Operator Licence obligations, along with assisting with the improvement of driver standards and that the Companies commitment to its customers.
- Reporting on elements of the LGV driver operation to TM
- LGV driver daily debriefs
- Ensuring compliance with all Health and Safety legislation / instructions
- Operating licence / centre compliance, checking that driver daily procedures are followed (daily vehicle checks, vehicle maintenance arrangements, driving hours)
- Liaising with maintenance provide to ensure maximum fleet availability
- Ensuring all Depot Admin / Processes / Paperwork is completed on time
- Work to defined targets & objects promoting Forterra Core Values
- Build a close working relationship with LGV drivers and the planning team
- Have a customer focused approach to ensure service levels are maintained
- Effectively communication conduit between LGV drivers, planners & management team
- And any other duties as requested by your manager
The successful candidate should be able to work with little supervision using own initiative to deliver objectives in a time constrained environment, along with the ability to communicate effectively at all levels, but especially with reports and others within the department.
Please send your application to: Dale.Clarke@forterra.co.uk
Closing date for applications: 2nd February 2022