We have an extensive network of 18 manufacturing facilities in the UK, employing approximately 1,800 people.
We are a leading manufacturer of a diverse and trusted range of concrete and clay building products used extensively within the construction sector, with instantly recognisable brands such as Thermalite blocks, London Brick, Ecostock, Cradley, Formpave and Jetfloor, Bison Precast.
Our product range comprises of clay bricks, Thermalite blocks, aggregate blocks, Red Bank chimney, roofing and flue systems, precast concrete and flooring products and Formpave permeable paving.
Forterra represents exactly what we do and have always done. Our purpose is to manufacture products that are the essential to the nation’s construction sector, helping our customers build with ease and confidence. Moreover, we continue to lead our industry in terms of standards and safety.
We are currently looking for an enthusiastic individual to join our team in the position of Product Manager Brick and Block at Measham.
This Position will take the leading role in definition and management of the bricks product category. The primary mission is to defend the core position in Housebuild and RMI (primarily London Brick), secondary is to grow into
New market areas.
Core to the function of this person is defence and optimisation of existing business with well positioned products that meet the demands of the customers we serve.Primarily this focus is around the support and optimisation of housebuilder offer, defining future range and development of any new requirements (anticipate 20% of the role).A further critical role is the protection of the London brick business, this requires a tactical approach to define new opportunities, tactical promotions and drive sales forward with new concepts to execute in market. (anticipate 40% of role).The final key piece of the role is development of new markets – Forterra is currently under represented in the Specification and contract market, and is hugely reliant on housebuilder for brick sales, definition of further channels for growth is felt to be critical to future success of the category. (anticipate 40% of role)
- Minimum 5yrs previous experience of working as a product/category manager in a product lead organisation,
- Demonstrable strong drive to meet targets and implement new programs
- Demonstratable experienced in defining winning product and go to market strategies
- Experienced in preparing and implementing business plans
- Product management experience in the building materials sector will be an advantage but not essential
Management/ Leadership Skills
- Confidence, composure and creditability to work at all levels of the business,
- Ability to influence and deliver results in a matrix organisational structure.
- Naturally inquisitive nature, able to challenge and push initiatives forwards
- Good problem-solving skills and ability to think strategically
- Proactive, personable and self-motivated
- Hands-on IT skills including good presentation writing skills
- 1 or 2 days per week depending on work assignments
The role holder is expected:
- to comply with all aspects of the Company Compliance Policy
- to ensure that all the business/operations are performed in accordance with instructions and procedures and in such a way so as to prevent any fraudulent activities taking place
- to comply with the Health & Safety at Work Act 1974 and to observe the requirements of the Company Safety Policy and other relevant legislation
- to update all areas of knowledge as required to carry out the job with maximum effectiveness and to attend training/development courses as and when required
- to comply will all aspects of the HR Policies and Procedures of the Company
- Relevant degree and/or appropriate professional qualification
Please send your application to: email@example.com
Closing date for applications: 11th August 2021