We have an extensive network of 18 manufacturing facilities in the UK, employing approximately 1,800 people.
We are a leading manufacturer of a diverse and trusted range of concrete and clay building products used extensively within the construction sector, with instantly recognisable brands such as Thermalite blocks, London Brick, Ecostock, Cradley, Formpave and Jetfloor, Bison Precast.
Our product range comprises of clay bricks, Thermalite blocks, aggregate blocks, Red Bank chimney, roofing and flue systems, precast concrete and flooring products and Formpave permeable paving.
Forterra represents exactly what we do and have always done. Our purpose is to manufacture products that are the essential to the nation’s construction sector, helping our customers build with ease and confidence. Moreover, we continue to lead our industry in terms of standards and safety.
We are currently looking for an enthusiastic individual to join our team in the position of Credit Controller at Northampton.
The Forterra Customer base contains a mixture of large blue-chip accounts which require a dedicated member of credit control staff to manage, combined with a mix of more traditional B2B customer accounts.
The AR Team is responsible for ensuring customer accounts, designated to them by the AR Manager, are paid to terms and trade within their credit limit whilst managing the prompt resolution of queries. The position holder requires excellent communication skills and the initiative to tackle challenging account issues.
The collection of cash and assessment of risk is an essential part of the Order to Cash process and is critical to the cash flow of the business. The credit controllers are all expected to play their part in maintaining an acceptable level of DSO and minimising bad debt whilst ensuring that the department is well regarded throughout the business.
- collecting overdue payment by telephone and email
- Manage a high level of customer service
- Liaising with sales office colleagues
- Managing customers trading within their credit limits and accounts on stop
- Managing the "dunning" overdue letter process
- Ongoing input into system
- Ad-Hoc tasks such as manual invoicing and Master Data
- 2 years+ experience in a B2B credit control or credit administration role
- IT literate with strong MS Excel skills
- Good written and verbal skills
- Customer service focused
- Experience with working with off shore payment centres would be desirable
- Strong organisational skills
- Excellent time management skills to re-prioritise work as the business needs dictate
- Attention to detail
- Knowledge of JDE system
- An ability to foster and maintain strong working relationships with both internal and external customers
- An ability to remain calm and focused in a pressurised working environment
- Embracing the Forterra “One Team” philosophy
- Integrity, reliability and the ability to communicate in an open and honest manner at all times
The role holder is expected:
- to comply with all aspects of the Forterra Compliance Policy
- to ensure that all the business/operations are performed in accordance with instructions and procedures and in such a way so as to prevent any fraudulent activities taking place
- to comply with the Health & Safety at Work Act 1974 and to observe the requirements of the Company Safety Policy and other relevant legislation
- to update all areas of knowledge as required to carry out the job with maximum effectiveness and to attend training/development courses as and when required
- to comply with all aspects of the HR Policies and Procedures of the Company
- Maths and English grade C or above at GCSE
Please send your application to: Mario.Wickremasinghe@forterra.co.uk
Closing date for applications: 2nd June 2021