We have an extensive network of 18 manufacturing facilities in the UK, employing approximately 1,800 people.
We are a leading manufacturer of a diverse and trusted range of concrete and clay building products used extensively within the construction sector, with instantly recognisable brands such as Thermalite blocks, London Brick, Ecostock, Cradley, Formpave and Jetfloor, Bison Precast.
Our product range comprises of clay bricks, Thermalite blocks, aggregate blocks, Red Bank chimney, roofing and flue systems, precast concrete and flooring products and Formpave permeable paving.
Forterra represents exactly what we do and have always done. Our purpose is to manufacture products that are the essential to the nation’s construction sector, helping our customers build with ease and confidence. Moreover, we continue to lead our industry in terms of standards and safety.
We are currently looking for an enthusiastic individual to join our team in the position of Quantity Surveyor at Swadlincote.
Provision of a commercial, contractual and financial management service to the business to ensure profit targets are met and cash is managed to maximise cash performance.
Essential skills and experience:
- Previous experience in surveying / commercial role.
- Commercial acumen and financial awareness.
- Numeracy, literacy, ability to work effectively with minimal supervision.
- Excellent interpersonal, listening, negotiation, communication, IT and presentation skills.
Desirable skills and experience:
- Previous experience in a surveying / commercial role within the precast concrete sector.
- Technical knowledge of pre-stressed Beam & Block, Insulated Ground Floor and Hollowcore products. and precast staircases.
- Knowledge of construction techniques and site constraints.
- Ability to read and interpret technical drawings and specifications.
- Familiar with working in a target orientated business.
- Willingness to be involved in other activities to achieve company objectives.
The role holder is expected:
- to comply with all aspects of the Forterra Compliance Policy
- to ensure that all the business/operations are performed in accordance with instructions and procedures and in such a way so as to prevent any fraudulent activities taking place
- to comply with the Health & Safety at Work Act 1974 and to observe the requirements of the Company Safety Policy and other relevant legislation
- to update all areas of knowledge as required to carry out the job with maximum effectiveness and to attend training/development courses as and when required
- to comply will all aspects of the HR Policies and Procedures of the Company