We have an extensive network of 18 manufacturing facilities in the UK, employing approximately 1,900 people.
We are a leading manufacturer of a diverse and trusted range of concrete and clay building products used extensively within the construction sector, with instantly recognisable brands such as Thermalite blocks, London Brick, Ecostock, Cradley, Formpave and Jetfloor, Bison Precast.
Our product range comprises of clay bricks, Thermalite blocks, aggregate blocks, Red Bank chimney, roofing and flue systems, precast concrete and flooring products and Formpave permeable paving.
Forterra represents exactly what we do and have always done. Our purpose is to manufacture products that are the essential to the nation’s construction sector, helping our customers build with ease and confidence. Moreover, we continue to lead our industry in terms of standards and safety.
We are currently looking for an enthusiastic individual to join our team in the position of Maintenance Fitter at Hams Hall.
- Maintain the site mechanical plant and equipment to ensure the efficient and safe working of the plant.
- Carry out preventative maintenance and installation of new equipment as required.
- To attend break downs and assist the Electrician with his shift duties.
- To respond to and act upon the fault report system.
- To work closely with shift colleagues, charge hands, operators, maintenance charge hand, shift managers, production manager, and works manager to ensure the sites targets and objectives are achieved.
- Experience of industrial installations and control systems.
- The ability to fault find and test automated machinery.
- Knowledge of Hydraulics and Pneumatics.
- Welding and Cutting experience would be advantageous.
- Effective communication skills.
- A good understanding of health and safety is essential.
- To comply with all aspects of the Hanson Compliance Policy
- To ensure that all the business/operations are performed in accordance with instructions and procedures and in such a way so as to prevent any fraudulent activities taking place
- To comply with the Health & Safety at Work Act 1974 and to observe the requirements of the Company Safety Policy and other relevant legislation
- To update all areas of knowledge as required to carry out the job with maximum effectiveness and to attend training/development courses as and when required
- To comply will all aspects of the HR Policies and Procedures of the Company
- A recognised mechanical trade qualification
Please send your application to: Neil.O'Shea@forterra.co.uk
Closing date for applications: 3rd March 2021